MSc. Business Information Systems Engineering
According to § 3 Rahmenprüfungsordnung (Bachelor/Master) admission to the master’s degree in Wirtschaftsinformatik/ Business Informatics is subject to proof of a qualifying university degree and the following requirements:
- A qualifying university degree in Business Informatics, Informatik/ Informatics or other related degree’s
- Proof of at least 30 ECTS (Credit points) in Business Economics and 15 ECTS (Credit points) in Mathematics. A maximum of 6 ECTS in Business Economics and 6 ECTS in Mathematics can be earned during the first year.
- Applicants who have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with at least 180 ECTS (Credit points) but less than 210 ECTS (Credit points) will be granted access to the Master’s degree Business Informatics on condition that they provide proof of the missing 30 ECTS (Credit points) by the time they register for their Master’s thesis.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must prove English language skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Applicants whose native language is not German must prove German language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The same applies if the university entrance qualification was not acquired at a German-speaking institution.
Content and objectives:
The course is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the concepts, methods and technologies in the field of business and information systems engineering. The Master of Science in Business Informatics is research-based and will enable you to contribute to further academic development of the subject, to undertake related research and development in industry or research institutions and to take on management roles. In contrast to the Bachelor's degree course, you will be required to study significantly more independently.